Good morning y’all! I hope you all have had a great week! And I hope that you have remembered how incredibly priceless you are!
Let’s talk about the future, it’s something everyone thinks about everyday usually multiple times a day. Whether you’re thinking about the small stuff like what to have for dinner, what you’re doing after work/school, what fun thing can you do this weekend, or you could be thinking about the future on a much bigger scale, where to go to college, what job to get, where to live, who you’re going to marry etc. A lot of times the future is something that is scary, because it is unknown. We can plan for it all we want, but in all honesty we have no clue what is going to happen. According to the old saying we know two things are certain, death and taxes. And honestly, it’s true to some extent.
I think for anyone, not knowing is scary, but for someone who has anxiety it’s awful, it’s one of the worst feelings in the world, not knowing little things like what time everyone else is getting to an event, how everyone will be dressed, or what time something will end, and obviously it’s even worse the bigger the thing…not knowing what your life will look like is sometimes so scary it’s crippling.
For those of you who don’t know, my life has been crazy for the past couple of years, specifically this year. I decided college wasn’t for me this past summer, got a big girl job, and moved to a new city, while trying to figure out what the next step is for me. For the first time since the beginning of freshman year in high school I’ve been single longer than a month. And I took a leap of faith this summer to go back to camp (which is a huge pay decrease than my current job), I still have to pay rent and bills and even though I love camp with all of my heart, it’s scary to take that leap of faith that He will provide. With everything It’s been really hard to trust that the Lord has a plan, that He will provide, but He always has, and I know he always will. It’s also been really good and encouraging to see how He has provided financially, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Jeremiah 29:11 says “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” The Lord has a plan and it’s a good one, it’s better than we could ever dream, so for now we just have to trust and obey.
The future is scary, but it’s a lot less scary when you remember who is in control, and praise the Lord it isn’t me. When you’re scared that you’ll be alone forever, or you won’t find what you’re good at, or whatever you struggle with, rest in the Lord and be patient. The Lord knows best and he cares for you. He’s got this.
Below are some of my favorite verses and songs to calm anxiety about the future, I hope they bring peace to you.
- “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34
- “When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.” Psalm 94:19
- “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” Psalm 56:3
- “An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.” Proverbs 12:25
- “Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?” Luke 12:22-26
- “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.” Romans 12:12
- “All Things” – Citizen Way https://youtu.be/iU61Ku1xa50
- “All That Matters” – Colton Dixon https://youtu.be/XlRaXtV4bTA
- “Through It All” – Colton Dixon https://youtu.be/91KliTa1ksY
- “Trust In You” – Lauren Daigle https://youtu.be/n_aVFVveJNs
- “Eye Of The Storm” – Ryan Stevenson https://youtu.be/lYy1f6VjDHU
- “Sparrows” – Jason Gray https://youtu.be/wRJZQFRyZ6s
- “God Is On The Move” – 7eventh Time Down https://youtu.be/yPB9ENSd1Xc
- “Breathe” – Jonny Diaz https://youtu.be/hnjeMwxFuBA
- “More Than You Think I am” – Danny Gokey https://youtu.be/ea-TRh5RYCY
- “By Your Side” – Tenth Avenue North https://youtu.be/iFvQQt6Nbh8
- “The Word I would Say” – By Sidewalk Prophets https://youtu.be/8t9u-LOa3OI
- “Oceans” – Rend Collective https://youtu.be/8GsptLZUsL8
The Future might be scary, but it’s worth the fight. So please keep fighting.
Have a great week,